ConDragon - English Version

Project Title:ConDragon

Project Description
“ConDragon” is DeFi+NFT+RPG game in the Conflux community. In the game, players can tame dinosaurs, build equipment and capture pets, and can freely enter the market for trading. Even participate in staking to earn dividends from the overall mining pool.Players participating in the game can obtain gameplay and collectible NFT, earn digital currency, experience 3D combat performance, perform lightweight operations, and experience the gameplay of decision-making victory.

Link to Website and social media channels
Discord:https://discord.gg/uH4Gy3TE
QQ:1020257131
Link to Github:https://github.com/con-dragon

Conflux Wallet Address:cfx:aatznj513uhur2v79x7r8jvb14kg4hgrkyt58fyg1c
Grant Description:

Grant Funding Tier
Grant Status: approved 50k

Grant Status + Recent Updates
ConDragon English version of the game has been developed and will be officially launched on May 28

Milestone Updates, including links for milestone review
Phase 2:
ConDragon Chinese and English translation documents:

Phase 3 and Phase 4:
Game test link: http://dr.6cd.com.cn
Phase 5:
ConDragon English version gameplay introduction:
https://forum.moonswap.fi/t/introduction-to-condragon-nft-mining/1725
ConDragon “Dragon Stone” Guide
https://forum.moonswap.fi/t/era-of-voyage-1/1722
Phase 6:
Official link of the English version: https://app.condragon.com

What the hell, $10,000 to translate a form? Are you graduate from Harvard University? Are you a professional translator? Or did you use a paid translator? Are you a celebrity, or do you need a fee for your appearance?

1 Like

haha

Very classic, I just opened excel and this English translation charge $10,000, so amazing!

After all, the project owner also wants to make money. Just eat too ugly!

what kind of development do they need to implement english in this game?

Condragon is a project that I follow. Can you publish information on the daily activity of this project, please? Let’s see how many people are playing it? I heard that 5w$ has been paid, how come there is so much more?

1 Like

Noted that some guys point out the form datas that also confused me.
How could a little web-page game with only five roles,several dragons,dozens of monsters cost $10000 to translate?Could you please figure out how manys words the translating work involves ?And,the daily wages you paid to the Translators?
Then let’s turn to phase3,whitch coasts $20000.When you finished phase2,the development work based on chinese version will be very little,it will be automatic constructed.So please make it clear how the funds are used.

1 Like

As far as I know, if you would like to publish an English version of your game, translating texts and replacing pictures of UI take the most part.
So there are three questions here:

1. As others mentioned above about phase 2. There are 26183 Chinese words in the form and the normal compensation standard for translation is 12-15USD per 1000 Chinese words. So in my opinion, the reasonable compensation should be 300-400 USD.
  2. Most part of phase 3 refer to the game upgrade. I don’t think it can be contained in this application. Same as phase 4.
  3. Can you explain the phase 6? Why officially launching results to budget? We want more details.

I was to coward to point that out , but since everybody is questioning … According to the doc , I see this project is going to republish on EOS chain , and issue coin DMC ,plus , the game has already has a English version on website , so why should conflux chain pay more CFX , for what?

Hi Gary, thanks for submitting ConDragon’s milestones for review! Our review committee has flagged some translations issues that need to be fixed before we can approve the second milestone:

1. There are grammar errors in most of the translations that are a phrase or sentence more than a few words. For example: Eg. Row 3: “Please select the login method you use” should be “Please select your login method”. Row 6: “Please select the appropriate node, the node with too high delay may cause the loss of game data” should be “Please select the appropriate node, nodes with too much delay may cause the loss of game data”
  2. There are syntax errors in all translations with “”. These should be replaced with phrases with proper English syntax and no special symbols (i.e “”), as they are in mandarin. For example, in Row 16 “red_get_success” (in mandarin is 分红领取成功) should be changed to “Dividends received”

Please revisit these translations and make sure that the grammar and syntax are correct. The quality at this time is not up to standards for an English-speaking audience.

Also, what is missing is an understanding of any dialogue flows and how the translations are used within a game. Please update to include information on how these translations are used in the game.

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

I think conflux’s incentive program is so friendly to some developers that it’s unfair for them to think they can get paid more than a few times for even a little bit of what they do.

We never want to deny the contribution of the eco-developers who have brought us many highly playable and even extra profitable eco’s, but just from the fee of this application, it doesn’t match the actual contribution made. It will eventually lead to a continued drop in the cfx’s price if he sells it right away.

1 Like

I’m sorry that the content of the previous application post milestone caused trouble to the users of the community and brought a bad voice to the Conflux Foundation. Because we have confirmed the content of grants in early April. But it caught up with the reform of the Conflux grants application rules, after we made and launched the English version of ConDragon. The latest terms of Grants application were confirmed. So when I wrote the post, I didn’t paste all the information out.
I have added the content of the milestone, please check it out

I’m sorry, because this project has been confirmed long ago, but due to the updated application rules, it has not been advanced. And the project has been completed. So there is no special details when writing the milestones. Has been updated, please check

I’m sorry, because this project has been confirmed long ago, but due to the updated application rules, it has not been advanced. And the project has been completed. So there is no special details when writing the milestones. Has been updated, please check

I’m sorry, because this project has been confirmed long ago, but due to the updated application rules, it has not been advanced. And the project has been completed. The English version you see is the one we have already launched.

There are many different opinions about translation. If you think there is a problem with our content, can you provide the correct content? We can directly replace。
The content of the new milestone has been updated before. please check. Added instructions for use of fees.

Hi Gary, we cannot provide the correct translations, it is up to the ConDragon team to correctly translate the contents of the game.

Could you also you also clarify what ‘4000U movies’ means in your Phase 2 Description? It’s not clear

Thanks

We added two new team members. Operation and marketing of the English version of the game. The monthly cost is about 4000U in total.

Hi ConDragon Team,

The Conflux Global Grant Committee appreciated the opportunity to consider your proposal. Our grant process has gone through some significant changes in the past month, including the addition of a voting committee that includes community members, and updated criteria for grant approval.

Unfortunately, your current proposal was not approved for further funding. This decision was unanimous and based on the following criteria:

• Engagement with the global community over social channels (Discord, Telegram) did not meet the minimum requirements needed to sustainably grow the community, including awareness building and user support
• Quality of the English translation

The Global Grants Committee would like to invite the ConDragon team to re-apply for a new grant with a focus on community engagement and support. We see huge potential in the project and welcome the opportunity to work with your team to re-focus and re-set your strategy for growing your global community.

Regards,
The Global Grants Committee

GOC Voting Results