Note: After this upgrade, the minimum gasPrice for sending a transaction will be changed to 1G, and transactions with gas price lower than 1GDrip will fail. The mainnet upgrade will be prepared based on the test on Testnet, which is expected to be released in June.
This upgrade is mainly to solve the problems below:
- Improve the performance of eth_getLogs.
- Add a new RPC eth_getAccountPendingTransactions to get pending transactions by address, also return the first pending transaction’s pending reason.
- Support WebSockets for eth APIs.
- Support block hash param for eth_call (EIP1898).
- cfx_call, cfx_estimateGasAndCollateral, eth_call, and eth_estimate will respect from’s balance if passed, if balance is not enough will return error. If from is not passed then use a random one with sufficient balance.
Transaction Pool Improvements
- Set the minimum gas price to 1 GDrip by default for packing transaction
- Improve the snapshot copy-on-write merging performance on XFS file systems.
- Fix trace validity for transactions reverted in the top checkpoint.
- Fix phantom trace length mismatch issue with failed transactions.
- Fix a possible underflow crash in eth_estimateGas.
RPC Adjustment After v2.0.3
- Starting from v2.0.3, cfx_getLogs and eth_getLogs will no longer support the parameters limit and offset. They are not efficient and can be replaced by setting the block/epoch range instead.
- Starting from v2.0.3, cfx_clientVersion will have include more information like web3_clientVersion in eSpace.
- Starting from v2.0.3, fromEpoch will default to “latest_state” in cfx_getLogs.
- Starting from v2.0.3, fromBlock will default to “latest” in eth_getLogs.
Download “Conflux Hydra Network v2.0.2” here: https://github.com/Conflux-Chain/conflux-rust/releases/tag/v2.0.2 (will be available in June)
I am a node operator/miner, what do I need to do?
We recommend that you upgrade your node to the latest version.
What will happen if I do not upgrade the nodes or refuse to upgrade?
It is strongly recommended to upgrade your node, this upgrade aims to improve node stability.
I am a DApp developer, what do I need to do?
- You need to increase the gas price for sending transactions to over 1 GDrip or the transaction will fail.
- When interacting with a sponsored contract, the estimation may fail. Try upgrading js-sdk or go-sdk to the latest version or manually raising the upperbound for contract gas sponsorship to 0.5.cfx
Thanks to our community for your support!
A sincere thank you to the Conflux community and all the developers in the Conflux ecosystem. Thank you for your hard work, thoughts, and contributions. To a better future!