Conflux Hydra Network v2.2.2 Upgrade Announcement

This upgrade is mainly to solve the problems below:

Configuration Changes

• The original tx_pool_min_tx_gas_price is separated to two configurations tx_pool_min_native_tx_gas_price and tx_pool_min_eth_tx_gas_price for two spaces.
  • The default tx_pool_size is changed to 50000 to avoid possible OOM because of large transactions.

RPC Changes

• Support EIP-1898 style epoch parameters in some core space RPCs (including cfx_getBalance, cfx_getStorageAt, cfx_call, cfx_getNextNonce, cfx_getCode, and cfx_epochReceipts). Check #2615 for details.
  • Add filter RPCs for cfx core space (including cfx_newFilter, cfx_newBlockFilter, cfx_newPendingTransactionFilter, cfx_getFilterChanges, cfx_getFilterLogs, and cfx_uninstallFilter).
  • Add pos_getAccountByPowAddress to query the PoS account information in one RPC call.
  • Add two more pending reasons (oldEpochHeight and outdatedStatus) for firstTxStatus returned in cfx_getAccountPendingTransactions. Check #2624 for details.

Improvements

• Allow the node database snapshot from Linux to be used by a Windows executable.

Bug Fixes

• Limit the chunk size when loading from db in syncing snapshot to avoid OOM.
  • Fix an issue that a light client might be deadlocked.
  • Allow nodes to disconnect not-responding light nodes.

Download

Download “Conflux v2.2.2” here: https://github.com/Conflux-Chain/conflux-rust/releases/tag/v2.2.2

I am a node operator/miner, what do I need to do?

If you have a running node, you need to

• Suspend the running operation of the node
  • Replace the executable file named “conflux” in the run directory of the original node program with the Conflux executable file of the Conflux v2.2.2 node program.
  • Restart the operation of the node

If you start a new node, you can download the latest version of v2.2.2 and run it.

What will happen if I do not upgrade the nodes or refuse to upgrade?

This upgrade aims to improve node stability, it’ll be fine if you do not upgrade to this version.

Thanks to our community for your support!

A sincere thank you to the Conflux community and all the developers in the Conflux ecosystem. Thank you for your hard work, thoughts, and contributions. To a better future!