Conflux Pools/validators list

ConfluxPoSPools – TIER 1 (5 000$)

APPLICATION INTRODUCTION

Conflux has just completed his hardfork and the switch to PoS recently. Many PoS pools are being created but for the moment information about them is scattered (on the forum, twitter, …). It is difficult for a simple user to find this informations. The goal of the application is to gather all this information in an official way, in a unique place, as we can see on other projects (Casper for example).

Purpose of the system : The project will be hosted on github and will be open source. The list of pools will be maintained using pull requests. Anyone will be able to add their pool information, subject to validation by the repo maintainer.

Scope of the system: The application will be public and accessible to all, deployed on a CDN or on the conflux architecture (to be discussed)

Objectives and success criteria of the project : The aim is to centralise informations about the PoS pools of the entire conflux network and to make it the real and easy use source of knowledge

Definitions, acronyms, and abbreviations : Conflux Validators / Conflux PoS Pools

TEAM :
I would be alone on this project, I have been a JS developer for over 8 years: https://www.linkedin.com/in/crabiller/
I have participated in the development of many large-scale projects as well as several open source projects. I have the experience to lead a project alone from development to production.
Link to my github : https://github.com/Charlie85270

TOTAL BUDGET AND FUNDING TIER

The approximative budget is 100$ x 45h (6-7 full days) = 4.500$ (TIER 1)

CURRENT FUNCTIONALITY

Display current informations of the PoS : Total Stake, APY, Total nodes, current block, supply, rewards …

List PoS pools/validators of the conflux network with live datas like :

• Link/address (get from the repo)
  • Name (get from the repo)
  • Status (get from the BC)
  • APY (calculated with BC infos)
  • TVL (calculated with BC infos)
  • Fees (get from the repo)
  • Validators (get from BC infos)
  • Uptime (get from BC infos)

UI/UX

The UI/UX will be like this (casper) :

Performance : The site will be generate with NextJS (SSG)
Supportability : Supported by all browser
Packaging : Source code + documentation = Github (open source)
Legal / Licensing : MIT

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

• Initialization of the project (Github, CI, Documentation) : 8 hours
  • Development of the project (SDK integration, API, UI/UX): 32 hours
  • Release of the project (hosting, domain configuration, ect …) : 5h

Specification of the software

• ReactJS (last version)
  • NextJS (last version)
  • Tailwind CSS (last version)
  • Typescript (last version)

I’ll use the Static site generation feature from NextJS to improve performance and SEO of the application.

MAINTENANCE CONSIDERATIONS

I can maintain the project or delegate the owner role of the repo to a conflux member team to update the lists (accept/refuse PR) and maintain the source code.

3 Likes

Hello, thanks for submitting this grant proposal. It seems like a good idea so far. I’d like to ask a few questions:
1 - What are your thoughts of including a business model that enables the platform to earn some income for maintenance, operation and improvements? An idea would be allowing PoS Pools to advertise their pool on the page in exchange of some fee.
2 - Which would be the go-to-market strategy for this product to get known and used by the community? Do you plan to do any marketing?
3 - Is there going to be any curation or review process for new pools that want to be added? Can you describe how and who will decide which pools get added?

Thanks again for the proposal, I’ll be looking forward for your answer and/or comments.

Regards,

Hey @Charlie, thanks for applying for a Conflux Network grant! Your application looks great, I just have a few questions:

• Will this be a static site, or some backend logic is also necessary?
  • Do you have an estimation about the maintenance costs?
  • How will you deal with malicious pools, is there a way to report and remove these?
1 Like

Hey @thegaram,
Thank you for your interest !

• Will this be a static site, or some backend logic is also necessary?
    Yes this will be a static site, there will be no need for a back-end, the hard data of the pools (name, address, link) will be stored on github and the front-end will attack directly these data

• Do you have an estimation about the maintenance costs?
    This is really minimal, I would say for PR reviews (add/remove) of pools + service maintenance: 3h/month maximum.

• How will you deal with malicious pools, is there a way to report and remove these?
    Yes I can create a form on the website that will directly create a discussion or PR on the Github repo to discuss about the malicious pool. After discussion and proof we will be able to remove the malicious pool from the website.

Thanks you.

1 Like

Hello Nico and thanks you !

1 - What are your thoughts of including a business model that enables the platform to earn some income for maintenance, operation and improvements? An idea would be allowing PoS Pools to advertise their

• Indeed it could be a good idea, several cases would be possible (display a banner of the pool on the top of the homepage, move the pool to the first position in the list, highlight the pool in the list). It is indeed possible to think of a business model like this.

2 - Which would be the go-to-market strategy for this product to get known and used by the community? Do you plan to do any marketing?

• I will create a twitter account dedicated to the site. I am active on the conflux twitter and discord, I will share several links on these platforms. I will also create a discussion on the forum.
    Moreover the SEO of the site will be improved to the maximum in order to go up to the highest in google searches concerning “conflux PoS pool, ect …”

3 - Is there going to be any curation or review process for new pools that want to be added? Can you describe how and who will decide which pools get added?

• First of all, the information in the pool should be complete.
    The pools will be approved by the repo maintainer (me for the moment) but discussions, remarks, will be open to everyone.
    I will also set up an alert system in the pool table to notify when the pool doesn’t have a staker yet or that the number is limited, like for the TVL or that the contract is not checked on conflux scan.
    The idea is that everyone can add their pool, but to reduce the number of malicious pools as much as possible. To do this, alerts will warn users.
    From a technical point of view, I will create a PR template that must be respected for each contribution.
1 Like

Thanks for your reply Charlie. I approve this application. (FYI: 2 approvals are required, and we will follow up with you after that about the next steps.)

4 Likes

Hi Charlie, thanks for the clarification. I approve this application too. This means you already have the 2/2 upvotes required to move forward. We will reach out to you with the next steps.

2 Likes

Yeaaaah thanks guys !
Glad it was approved and I can’t wait to start the development!

4 Likes

Congratulations! I’ll be your main point of contact for this grant. Just sent you an email about the next steps.

5 Likes

Hi @Charlie.
Thanks for your support and very useful service.
Want to share here my variant of
“Verification rules for Conflux PoS Pools and PoS nodes operators”. there were the following mandatory items:

1. Open source, complete audit of smart contracts;
  2. Transparent information about the owner of the smart contract and the pool node;
  3. The minimal total amount of locked in stake tokens is 100 000 CFX;
  4. Availability of the pool insurance fund address - where a part of the pool owner’s profit goes;
  5. The minimal stackers amount(separate CFX addresses) of is 10;
  6. Clear information about commissions, instructions, terms of use, FAQ page;
    Only after completing all that points, the PoS Pool can be added to the tracking on Conflux resources: 123cfx.com and PoS validators marked Trust / Verified / Approve as convenient.
    Additional conditions that are welcome:
  7. the presence of its own unique marketing program;
  8. user-friendly interface;
  9. the presence of additional DeFi products.
    In addition, as part of the program to stimulate interest in PoS mining on the part of high-quality members of the crypto community, implement the KOL additional bonus program, with an active community from 1k to 100k people who will up their own PoS pools and, accordingly, will provide support of the Conflux Ecosystem and sharing news on their resources (that is, we receive the opportunity to get low-cost marketing support plus high-quality validators).
    Also, we all understand that PoS pools marked as Trusted, that launched and managed via credible Blockchain Services/Companies/Communities good as for CFX market as for Conflux ecosystem at all.
    So I also want to propose the Hydra Hardfork PoS Campaign for CEX exchanges.
    Launch PoS pools on CEX exchanges that support CFX ( CEX that already support Conflux Core is a priority, in the case of Binance and Kucoin at the moment it is only a synthetic pool). Thus, we immediately get the CEX exchange community as potential stakers.
    I note right away that in the case of the CEX Pool, there is a danger of excessive centralization of CFX on one or more exchange nodes.
    But firstly, why did we activate the PoS layer at all, if not for open PoS mining feature for CFX. Secondly, this danger can be easily solved by limiting the max amount of locked in stake CFX on CEX PoS Pools.
    Hope it’s can be understanding correct. My English not perfect.
    So, it’s not a final propose, only a draft for discussion and suggestio.
    Thanks for your time. Will be great to get any feedbacks from you.
    @thegaram @Geoff @luoyuan7788 @Fan_Long

Hi @Mitrandir, interesting points, thanks for sharing them. Please create a new post on the forum for discussion, as this one belongs to a completed grant application.

Yes. Work on it.