Conflux v2.0.3-testnet Testnet Upgrade Announcement

This upgrade is mainly to solve the problems below:

Incompatible RPC Changes

• cfx_getLogs and eth_getLogs will no longer support the parameters limit and offset. They are not efficient and can be replaced by setting the block/epoch range instead.
  • cfx_clientVersion will have include more information like web3_clientVersion in eSpace.
  • fromEpoch will default to “latest_state” in cfx_getLogs.
  • fromBlock will default to “latest” in eth_getLogs.

Improvements

Storage Improvements

• Avoid re-executing blocks if possible. This will accelerate the recovery process and reduce the disk usage if the node is restarted fast.

Configuration Improvements

• eSpace will be enabled for dev mode with a default configuration.
  • Enable persit_tx_index for Archive nodes automatically.

Bug Fixes

• Fix a possible panic caused by inaccurate local timestamps.

Download

Download “Conflux v2.0.3-testnet” here: https://github.com/Conflux-Chain/conflux-rust/releases/tag/v2.0.3-testnet

I am a node operator/miner, what do I need to do?

If you have a running node, you need to

• Suspend the running operation of the node
  • Replace the executable file named “conflux” in the run directory of the original node program with the Conflux executable file of the Conflux v2.0.3-testnet node program.
  • Restart the operation of the node
    If you start a new node, you can download the latest version of v2.0.3-testnet and run it.

What will happen if I do not upgrade the nodes or refuse to upgrade?

It is strongly recommended to upgrade your node, this upgrade aims to improve node stability.

Thanks to our community for your support!

A sincere thank you to the Conflux community and all the developers in the Conflux ecosystem. Thank you for your hard work, thoughts, and contributions. To a better future!