Conflux v2.2.2-testnet Testnet Upgrade Announcement

This upgrade is mainly to solve the problems below:

Configuration Changes

• The original tx_pool_min_tx_gas_price is separated to two configurations tx_pool_min_native_tx_gas_price and tx_pool_min_eth_tx_gas_price for two spaces.
  • The default tx_pool_size is changed to 50000 to avoid possible OOM because of large transactions.

RPC Changes

• Support EIP-1898 style epoch parameters in some core space RPCs (including cfx_getBalance, cfx_getStorageAt, cfx_call, cfx_getNextNonce, cfx_getCode, and cfx_epochReceipts). Check #2615 for details.
  • Add filter RPCs for cfx core space (including cfx_newFilter, cfx_newBlockFilter, cfx_newPendingTransactionFilter, cfx_getFilterChanges, cfx_getFilterLogs, and cfx_uninstallFilter).
  • Add pos_getAccountByPowAddress to query the PoS account information in one RPC call.
  • Add two more pending reasons (oldEpochHeight and outdatedStatus) for firstTxStatus returned in cfx_getAccountPendingTransactions. Check #2624 for details.

Improvements

• Allow the node database snapshot from Linux to be used by a Windows executable.

Bug Fixes

• Limit the chunk size when loading from db in syncing snapshot to avoid OOM.
  • Fix an issue that a light client might be deadlocked.
  • Allow nodes to disconnect not-responding light nodes.

Download

Download “Conflux v2.2.2-testnet” here: https://github.com/Conflux-Chain/conflux-rust/releases/tag/v2.2.2-testnet

I am a node operator/miner, what do I need to do?

If you have a running node, you need to

• Suspend the running operation of the node
  • Replace the executable file named “conflux” in the run directory of the original node program with the Conflux executable file of the Conflux v2.2.2-testnet node program.
  • Restart the operation of the node
    If you start a new node, you can download the latest version of Conflux v2.2.2-testnet and run it.

What will happen if I do not upgrade the nodes or refuse to upgrade?

This upgrade aims to improve node stability.

Thanks to our community for your support!

A sincere thank you to the Conflux community and all the developers in the Conflux ecosystem. Thank you for your hard work, thoughts, and contributions. To a better future!

2 Likes