I was unable to attach a PDF, but you can view a Google Doc with the application here.
Project Overview: Please include the following:
Project title and description of the project.
The [R]evolución Bounty Hack
Reach would like to host the [R]evolución Bounty Hack in coordination with the Conflux network. A bounty hack is a guided hackathon in which participants (teams and individual entrants) complete projects from a pre-approved list over the course of six weeks. These projects are bite-sized, manageable decentralized applications that can be built on the Conflux network in six weeks’ time.
The primary objective is to promote adoption of both the Reach Platform and Conflux network while creating materials (e.g. finished projects, interviews, articles, etc.) to further promote that adoption. The secondary objective is to cultivate a community of advocates, turning participants into long-term Reach developers by proving our platform is the safest and easiest way to build decentralized applications.
How will this project be integrated into Conflux?
- The apps will run on the Conflux network.
Why is your team interested in creating this project?
- Reach is now integrated with the Conflux network. We believe this will be an excellent opportunity to highlight the benefits and opportunities stemming from this integration.
Project Details: Please include the following:
High-level approach, & product flow (along with a diagram).
Any mockup designs of user facing components.
Ecosystem fit: How can the project benefit Conflux Network’s ecosystem?
- The hackathon will produce several apps for the Conflux network built on the Reach platform and provide an abundance of marketing material for both the Reach Platform and the Conflux protocol.
Team: Please include the following:
Name of team members, and their roles and responsibilities.
Reach employee Estefania Ochoa will serve as the primary contacts for event coordination and logistics. Reach CEO, Chris Swenor and CTO, Jay McCarthy, will act as hosts and speakers during live events. Reach is also soliciting support from members of the Conflux developer community to serve as mentors. Mentors will help their assigned teams complete the Reach tutorial, provide them support throughout the hack, and give them their best shot at completing the project.
Mentors will be recruited from within Conflux’s Reach developer community. Each team is assigned a mentor to answer questions; provide guidance and resources; and monitor their progress towards completion. Mentors earn $100 for each team they help cross the finish line.
Each team will be assigned a mentor; a Reach developer in the Conflux community. Mentors work closely with both Reach and Conflux employees to help teams succeed to their fullest potential. Mentors will introduce themselves in Discord, where they’ll be available to answer questions, recommend resources, and cheer teams on throughout the hack! Reach is currently working with the Conflux team to secure mentors for this hack.
- Michael and Estefania are not an official mentor and will not be able to provide direct technical support.
Provide the name and address of the legal entity that will be delivering the project.
Reach Platform, Inc.
145 Brook Road, Sharon, MA 02067
Team’s relevant experience.
Estefania Ochoa is an experienced event coordinator with extensive knowledge of the NFT space. Michael Pirovano has coordinated four previous Bounty Hacks.
Team’s github code repositories.
Project Roadmap: This section will appear in the grants contract, and will be used to verify that milestones have been reached in order to release grant payments.
Please include the following:
Breakdown of the project roadmap into a number of milestones with clear outcomes, with each milestone including:
Specification of the deliverable (will be used to confirm that the milestones have been reached).
- The deliverable is a collection of content stemming from the hack. This includes links to completed projects, workshops, and tutorials on GitHub; interviews and demo videos on YouTube; and articles on Medium and Dev.to.
Requested funding, milestone duration, and number of full time employees on each milestone.
- See below for requested funding and milestone duration. Two full-time Reach employees will be involved in coordinating the event.
Number of days, and cost per day.
70 days; approximately $743.57 per day.
Total estimated duration and cost of the whole project.
- Monday, November 8tth to Friday, December 24th (plus 2 weeks of content after)
- The maximum cost of the hack is $52,050
Long Term Vision: What is the team’s long term vision for the project?
- The long term vision of the project is a feedback loop in which a thriving virtual community ushers in new cohorts of app developers (which, in turn, grow the community).
Community Engagement: We ask that you market and promote your project in the forum and in external channels. For example, by publishing an article or tutorial outlining your work as part of the grant and your work with Conflux.
The hackathon will be marketed on the following channels:
Delivery Requirements: Please ensure that milestones and outcomes are verifiable.
Other: Please include any further information that is relevant to your application, including any attachments.
This text will be hidden