TECHNICAL GRANT APPLICATION – SOLAIRE – FUNDING TIER 2

TERMS OF USE

I have read and understand the Conflux Grants Ecosystem Overview, and determined that my proposal is best for the Technical Grants stream (YES).

I understand that the Conflux Technical Grants are subject to a No Sale Rule, and I have read the terms of this rule (YES).

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Conflux Foundation to receive this grant (YES).

I understand that I will be required to follow public grant reporting requirements (YES).

APPLICATION INTRODUCTION

Name of your project - Solaire

Are you an incorporated startup? - Yes

Links to the project’s webpage, DApp, project social handles, and chat groups.
Website - https://site.mysolaire.xyz/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Solaire_Web3
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/mysolaire/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/solaire_official_/

TECHNICAL INTRODUCTION

1. Purpose of the system
    Solaire provides the new Web3 commerce infrastructure to connect and automate the consumer sector across fashion, sports, entertainment and culture. The consumer functions includes the most prudent areas in retail and e-retailing, including product digital passport, sustainability, authenticity, community building, circularity and personalization/memorabilia.

2. Scope of the system
    We enable any brand/creator to sell physical products on blockchain with added storytelling and clienteling capability, leveraging the wallet as the new CRM channel for communication, revenue and data. The wallet enhancer (powered by the Solaire phygital protocol) will also enable wallet-to-wallet resale of phygital and digital assets.

3. Objectives and success criteria of the project
    Objective - Solaire aims to create the consumer layer on blockchain to enable everyday commerce activities, thus onboarding the next billion of users into Web3.
    Success Criteria - Number of users and number of transactions.

4. References
    Faith Tribe on Yahoo News
    Kaveras on Jing Daily
    Solaire (The Spot Room) on Coindesk
    Freeman Jewelry on NFT Evening
    Overview on Buro

TOTAL BUDGET AND FUNDING TIER

Grant Tier: Tier 2
Grant Size: $15K

CURRENT FUNCTIONALITY

1. Customer problems/issues
    As more commerce are moved on-chain, wallet becomes the new CRM channel, but most wallets on the market today do not support CRM communication; most wallets on the market today are not use-friendly.

2. Application problems/issues
    no easy solution for brands to back physical products on-chain and deliver physical products and digital content on-chain to customers.

3. Processes problems/issues
    no existing protocol that supports a physical-first transfer or resale.

TECHNICAL PROPOSAL

Overview: a functional overview of the system.

Phygital Protocol - enables brands to attach content to physical product and authenticate/deliver via a phygital NFT (linked to physical product via NFC or QR code)
Solaire protocol ensure the physical product is traveled together with the NFT.

Functional requirements “shall lists”

• access to phygital NFTs with storytelling & content
  • ability to transfer phygital NFT along with the physical product

Non-functional Requirements
Usability - easy to create, easy to use
Reliability - high
Performance - stable & fast

SYSTEM MODEL

Scenarios - consumer sector
Use case model / Features model / User Histories Model - B2B2C.
Live Demo available upon request.

ECOSYSTEM FIT

Benefit to Conflux Ecosystem:

Solaire will provide the first EVM consumer wallet to support the commerce ecosystem, linking the east to the west.

Economic Benefit:

By onboarding more users into Conflux, they can tap into other programs in the ecosystem. We will also integrate with existing projects in the ecosystem to ensure we drive traffic to those projects as well.

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Specification of the software or deliverable
consumer wallet

Requested funding per milestone
Milestone 1 - consumer wallet - $10,000 (1 month)
Milestone 2 - AA wallet - $5,000 (1 month)

MAINTENANCE CONSIDERATIONS

We will continue to expand the scope of the wallet enhancer to include wallet-to-wallet resale, ticketing and social elements. Grow the user community and expand into new business sectors.

2 Likes

I value the idea of NFT being the proof of physical product. However, could you provide the explanation of the ERC-6551 mentioned in your previous grant? I could not find the corresponding illustration in this application

1 Like

ERC-6551 is one of the types of NFTs that we support, in addition to ERC-721 & ERC-1155.

1 Like

Thanks @Vivien_Z just have some initial questions:

• Can you share more technical details for the wallet enhance layer? Any mockups? What wallets will the enhance layer be compatible with?
  • Can you share more technical details on your AA MPC wallet architecture? Are you building your own from scratch? or using existing providers? If so which ones?
  • Can you provide more information on how you handle dispute resolution - How do see users gaming the system and how will disputes be handled?
  • Where are you storing user data?
  • Has your wallet enhancer and AA MPC wallet been audited? What other security measures have by considered?

Thank you @Vivien_Z. Here are some questions:

1. How do you guarantee the delivery and return of a phydigital product after payment?
  2. You mentioned the metaverse in the features. How is that included in the wallet.
  3. What is the technology stack for the wallet enhancer?
  4. Is the code open-source? Can you provide access to your smart contracts? Are they audited? If audited, can you provide us with a report?
  5. What is the proposed maintenance plan?

Hi @Geoff please see below my response.

1. Can you share more technical details for the wallet enhance layer? Any mockups? What wallets will the enhance layer be compatible with?
    A: The product is live now and I can show you how it works.

2. Can you share more technical details on your AA MPC wallet architecture? Are you building your own from scratch? or using existing providers? If so which ones?
    A: Yes, we are building our own from scratch.

3. Can you provide more information on how you handle dispute resolution - How do see users gaming the system and how will disputes be handled?
    A: For primary sale, we have built in our Smart Contract a return function that is aligned with the merchant’s return policy.

4. Where are you storing user data?
    A: Product metadata is stored on chain. Off-chain data is stored in our database on AWS.

5. Has your wallet enhancer and AA MPC wallet been audited? What other security measures have by considered?
    A: We are currently updating both the wallet enhancer protocol and the wallet, they will be audited as soon as we complete product 2.0.

Hi @nelaturuk please see my response below.

1. How do you guarantee the delivery and return of a phydigital product after payment?
    A: nil

2. You mentioned the metaverse in the features. How is that included in the wallet.
    A: I don’t remember mentioning metaverse, if I did, it might be a typo. We can support metaverse that offers ecommerce capability, but it’s not a direct feature in the wallet.

3. What is the technology stack for the wallet enhancer?
    A: It’s phygital transaction protocol that facilitates the transaction of physical products .

4. Is the code open-source? Can you provide access to your smart contracts? Are they audited? If audited, can you provide us with a report?
    A: No it’s not open-source. It will be available to public via API or SaaS model. Yes, we can provide access to smart contract, they will be audited as soon as we finish the current upgrade.

5. What is the proposed maintenance plan?
    A: We have plans to continue to upgrade/add new features to the tech stack, there is no maintenance required but we will be monitoring the product closely and will continue to evolve the product roadmap.