Vision: Web3 Operating System

Please see the below for an intro to Vision and follow this link for the full application thank you!:

https://docsend.com/view/up65meepfb2kj4h5 (DM me for link now)

Part 1: Background Information about the product/project
1.1 Name of applicant and role

Chris Banbury, CEO and Founder
Dowland Aiello, CTO and Co-Founder
Lacey Hunter, CFO and Board Member

1.2 Name of your project
Vision%20small%20logo
1.3 Are you an incorporated startup?

Yes, VisionDAO, Inc: Delaware, USA and Washington State, USA (place of work)

1.4 Describe your project

What is Vision?

Vision is a platform for interacting with and building web3 applications that can be upgraded and customized by the applications that use it. Vision allows web2 and web3 experiences to be composed and combined in a single environment, resulting in improved efficiency, user experience, ease of development, and as the operating system for the next generation of the internet.

The MVP use case

Vision enables content creators to generate new revenue streams by embedding their existing content within web3 infrastructure

Vision is ready to launch January 2023, on Conflux eSpace.

Vision Highlights
Generate more revenue by embedding existing user generated content – such as content from
YouTube, Twitch channels, or other applications – to generate web3 revenue streams (use any ERC
token, blend followers and crypto economics)
Maintain existing revenue streams because Vision does not require migration from existing
platforms, users retain their current revenue streams (YouTube, Twitch shared revenue)
Churn out DAOs + tokens with one-click and ready for Initial Exchange/Decentralized Exchange
Offerings (IEO/IDO)
○Similar UX to creating a sub-Reddit, but for launching DAOs + tokens (message threading, live
chat, support tooling; IDO an idea, an inspiration, a YouTube channel, a WeChat community)
The Vision Wallet is also one and the same as the Vision profile, is socially recoverable, and
supports any ERC token (Wallet UX like Facebook, LinkedIn, WeChat + a web3 wallet)
Vision supports Web Assembly for web2 developers to create DAO support tooling and web2
bridges
Search, discover, and join content (people, communities, apps) that are connected via a social
graph – and visualized through mind maps
Customizable and persistent data infrastructure and market mechanics enable access to new
revenue streams while maintaining current revenue streams
Vision Public is available for anyone to use for free as public infrastructure – and including all
features mentioned in this application (Launching January 2023, and the core of this application)
Vision SaaS is for Fortune 500 enterprises seeking secure, private instances of Vision for a fee
(web3 Slack, Teams). Importantly, both Vision Public and Vision SaaS are bridged for on-demand and
customizable instances where Vision Public users and Vision SaaS customers can work together.
Launching Q3-23
Regulation crowdfunding will be available on Vision. Leverage the Vision community to raise
funds in a compliant and regulated manner, and with a flat management fee. Like Republic, but Vision
produces projects in addition to supporting external projects. Launching Q3-23
Vision’s First Users Launching January 2023
University of Washington Blockchain Society (>800 members)
YouTube crypto streamer and Conflux ambassador Crypto Diamond (10k followers, 30k-40k
views per video)

Vision Proof of Concept: Video Teasers

1. How to create a DAO
  2. How to create a proposal
  3. How to vote on a proposal
  4. Vision profile/wallet
  5. Search and discovery

Vision Public Wireframes (live January 2023, on Conflux eSpace)

6 Likes

Thanks Chris for posting!

Lacey Hunter, Vision CFO here - happy to talk through any questions about the financial model, flywheel and anticipated growth levers. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hey, all! I’m Dowland, CTO of Vision. Feel free to ask me any software questions you have, and I’ll do my best to answer them here.

4 Likes

Vision’s proposal is really interesting, original and useful, it would be excellent news to see this innovation deployed in Conflux eSpace.

2 Likes

I am very interested in the social aspect of Vision.

Web3 definitely needs aggregation/discovery tools to connect disparate apps and discovery can be difficult (unless you love decoding hex data) and in the case of Conflux are able/willing to translate different languages to experience the whole network.

Couple questions I have are:

1. Can you elaborate on how Vision can help someone increase visibility of their existing content/assets may already exist on disparate platforms?

2. Do you think a good use case for Vision would be as an educational content aggregator, say as one place to unite the plethora of media produced for and about how to use Conflux itself and the ecosystem?

3. How if at all does the value proposition (as a user) change for an anon user v. someone using the same identity across web3, personal web2, and professional web2?

2 Likes

Web3 definitely needs aggregation/discovery tools to connect disparate apps and discovery can be difficult (unless you love decoding hex data) and in the case of Conflux are able/willing to translate different languages to experience the whole network.

Speaking of language:

• Vision supports any language input.
  • Someone can write a translation app or modify an existing translation app to use within Vision, users would just install to their profile or DAOs can make available to their members

Couple questions I have are:

Can you elaborate on how Vision can help someone increase visibility of their existing content/assets may already exist on disparate platforms?

• Vision essentially can act as an aggregate for any content. So someone who might have separate
    TikToks, YouTubes, IGs, can have all of their content in one place. Better UX for followers/subscribers as they don’t have to switch between platforms to access all their favorite
    creators content
  • Since the Vision profile/wallet and all DAOs support any ERC token (20, 721,1155…) users can pool
    their existing assets on Vision for greater liquidity (use within any DAO that accepts, form a DAO
    themselves that supports all their assets)
  • Every DAO on vision has a unique link that can be shared to direct someone directly to a particular
    piece of content. Included in the metadata of these links are desired thumbnail images, tags, and
    descriptions, that allow users on other platforms to be made aware of content on vision. This
    extends to SEO, as well. (Dowland)

Do you think a good use case for Vision would be as an educational content aggregator, say as one place to unite the plethora of media produced for and about how to use Conflux itself and the ecosystem?

• Absolutely. Actually talking now to an accredited blockchain certificate program to embed their
    content in Vision as an EDU DAO and turn on ‘learn to earn’
  • Like mentioned above, translation apps can be installed so multi lingual audiences can be reached

How if at all does the value proposition (as a user) change for an anon user v. someone using the same identity across web3, personal web2, and professional web2?

• You can be anonymous/degen on Vision. This would only effect you if you want to join a DAO that
    would require real identity or doxxing.
  • Technically speaking you could take your doxxed or anonymous identity across web2/3 like sign in
    with ‘metamask’ or ‘google’ with anything that supports the Vision API
3 Likes

I wanted to highlight this statement below on content discovery. First mover I believe in letting people search DAOs/web3/… with Google or other web2 platforms

3 Likes

Thanks Chris! I think Im starting to understand the value now. I consume so much web2 content to try and stay current on web3. I’d love for vision to make it simpler and capture some of that value as web3 and Conflux native.

2 Likes

All about web2 and web3 composability

1 Like

One more thing to note, Lacey our CFO is a seasoned financial professional – previously at Wells Fargo and Amazon. Beyond being awesome, we brought her onboard in response to the then carelessness of Celsius (and now FTX) to ensure we maintain proper financial oversight.

2 Likes

Interesting proposal. Just wondering how’s the scale of your developer team, seems Vision requires lots of development workload to do (and will launch soon).

– TOC

2 Likes

1 Like

Our current dev team is on the smaller side, with just me and one other full-time dev. And agreed, Vision’s scope is pretty ambitious. This is why we think our modular architecture is so critical. It allows us to set big goals for features, and implement them to the best of our ability, in the hopes that our platform’s market incentives will encourage our users to refine and polish these features in a way that we never could alone, as well as create their own modules to meet use cases we could never imagine. Vision is a marketplace of ideas, so why not harness competition in that market to make the platform itself better?

2 Likes

A note on the user experience with Vision-- Vision itself is a browser and OS. So you can have your web2 Twitter, tiktok or any web3 app all within one platform.

This means users can just stay within Vision for anything internet (web2 or3) they need.

Vision is the platform that’ll make web3 mainstream.

2 Likes

Drop me a message if you want access to the full application thanks!

1 Like

People keep spamming the link so I had to turn it off

We’re still active in the process. Stay tuned!

Happy New Year!

1 Like