Addressing Recent Gas Price FAQs

Q: I have encountered issues when sending transactions with ConfluxPortal.

Make sure you’re using the latest version of ConfluxPortal (v0.6.11). If you’re using v0.6.8 or below, you will need to update manually following this tutorial. Make sure you have a backup of your seed phrase (and all imported private keys, if any) before you start.

Q: My transaction has been pending for a long time. What should I do?

The main reason for pending transactions is low gas price. When sending a transaction, the latest version of Portal will use a suitable gas price. If not, please increase it manually. We recommend using 1 GDrip (1000000000 Drip). For more details, please refer to this article.

Q: I have already sent a transaction with low gas price. What should I do?

Find the pending transaction in ConfluxPortal. Click on it to see its gas price. Click on “Speed up” or “Cancel” and specify a higher gas price (1000000000 Drip).

Alternatively, you can first reset your account using “Settings” > “Advanced” > “Reset Account”. This will erase your transaction history from ConfluxPortal. Your funds will NOT be affected. After this, you can send the transaction again, this time specifying a higher gas price.

Q: I cannot see where to specify the gas price.

Please make sure you have enabled “Advanced gas controls” under “Settings” > “Advanced”.

Q: I increased the gas price but my transaction is still pending. What should I do?

If you send a transaction with a high gas price, but you have previous pending transactions, your new transaction will still be blocked. Please check if you have any other pending transactions from the same account in ConfluxPortal. Alternatively, you can click “…” > “View on ConfluxScan” to open your account on ConfluxScan. Then, under “Transactions”, click “View Pending Txns”. If you have more than one pending transaction, it is likely that the earliest one uses a low gas price.

Another possible reason is that your account balance is not enough to cover that transfer value plus fees. Please make sure your account has enough CFX to cover these.

Q: I tried everything, but it still doesn’t work. What should I do?

Please send us a recent pending transaction hash in Discord in our #feedback-and-support channel, along with your ConfluxPortal and Browser versions, so that we can help figure out what might be the issue. (Please note that sending older transaction hashes, e.g. from the previous day, does not help because these transactions have been discarded.)

3 Likes