Conflux PoS Testnet 8th Round Public Test Tutorial

Conflux PoS Testnet 8th Round Public Test Tutorial
Start Time: Nov.19 18:00(GMT+8)
Version: v1.2.0-beta-10

• Start fullnode running at around Nov.19 18:00.
  • The PoS registration will start at Blocknumber 129600 (around Nov.20 12:00).
  • The PoS registration will close at Blocknumber 302400 (around Nov.21 12:00).
  • After registration closes, you can start adding pos_config. The deadline for adding pos_config is at Blockheight 345000 (around Nov.23 06:00).
  • The time point to upgrade hardfork to the network is at Blockheight 345000 (around Nov.23 06:00)
  • The test ends at Nov.23 17:00(GMT+8)

Using the Conflux Governance Beta to stake CFX to participate in PoS mining requires a total of 4 steps:

1. Install ConfluxPortal
    Reference: ConfluxPortal v0.6.10 Upgrade Tutorial

2. Start Fullnode
    Reference: Start Fullnode Tutorial

3. PoS Registration:
    Reference: PoS Registration Tutorial

4. PoS Transition:
    Reference: PoS Transition Tutorial

How to use PoS Dashboard to check whether you are participating in PoS Mining successfully: How to use PoS Dashboard to check whether you are participating in PoS Mining successfully

Conflux PoS Testnet 8th Round Public Test Specification (v1.2.0-beta-10): Conflux PoS Testnet 8th Round Public Test Specification (v1.2.0-beta-10)

Q&A

Q1: If I accidentally delete the pos_key file under pos_config folder, what should I do?

A1: You shold not delele the file pos_key. If you deleted it, you need to reconnect and withdraw the staking. You need to wait for 9 hours for the CFX to be unlocked and then re-register. We suggest you to skip the wait and using a new Chrome account to test.

Q2: The program has stuck for more than 20 minutes, what should I do?

A2:Restart your program.

Q3: What should I do if the transaction failed when approving the locking CFX transaction while succeeded when approving staking CFX transaction

A3: Go to Conflux portal->account profile->settings->advanced, look for the “custom nonce” and turn it on. When you turn on the “custom nounce”, each time when you need to approve for a transaction, a textbox will pop-up and ask you to enter a nounce. Enter nounce each time when you are asked.

Q4: Where can I report bugs during testing?

A4: upload stderr.txt, pos.log and log folder to a Google Drive folder, and share the link with Cike in Discord.

Q5: What should I be cautious about when I restart the node?

A5: Enter the same password you set in the first time and you should be fine:

PoS key detected, please input your encryption password.
Password: