Conflux Faucets – for Core and ESpace

Conflux Faucets – for Core and ESpace – TIER 1 (5 000$)

APPLICATION INTRODUCTION:
It is common place to have faucets in new Networks with low gas fees. Faucets have been asked for by the Conflux community in general and it would have it’s users for sure. The goal of the application is to give new users enough CFX to make a few transactions when for.ex. bridging USDT token from another network and not having any CFX to make any transactions in a Conflux Core or eSpace DEX.

PURPOSE OF THE SYSTEM:
Provide Faucets of small amount of CFX (0.02 or below) per requesting wallet to Conflux Core and Conflux Espace.

SCOPE OF THE SYSTEM:
Everyone will be able to access the Application in the 5 years time. 1 request per wallet address in 2 months, 2 requests a day per IP address.

OBJECTIVES AND SUCCESS CRITERIA OF THE PROJECT:
Having an easy to use Faucet website with Wallet integration will give Conflux ecosystem an another key to success and make Conflux DeFi more easily accessible to the Public and new users.

DEFINITIONS, ACRONYMS, AND ABBREVIATIONS:
Conflux CFX Faucets, Conflux ESpace CFX Faucet, Conflux Core Space CFX Faucet

TEAM:
Team consists of only myself. I’ve been a fullstack developer for 22 years and also a web3 dev for few months now. I’m doxxed to Conflux Team, but choose to remain anonymous to public. I’ve built Webomatic NFT Rarity Tool:
https://rarity.webomatic.fi/ (Frontend’s JS will be on Github later on, but otherwise it’s closed source)
I also run PoS node and have built the website for Webomatic Conflux Proof-of-Stake Pool:
https://pos.webomatic.fi/ (Open Source, Github)
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/nioctla
Github: https://github.com/ni0c/

TOTAL BUDGET AND FUNDING TIER:
The approximative budget is 100$ x 30h (3-4 full days) for work, $1000 for faucets CFX & transaction gas fees and $1000 for server costs for 5 years = Total of 5000$ (TIER 1)

CURRENT FUNCTIONALITY:
Ability for user to connect their Metamask or Conflux Wallet (Fluent) and request 0.02 CFX (sum might fluctuate in future) from faucet. User can do this action once in 2 months per wallet.

UI/UX:
There will be UI/UX similar to what Webomatic other current tools provide (see links above) and easy to use buttons for connecting the Conflux wallet for Core Space and Metamask wallet for ESpace.

PERFORMANCE:
The frontend website will be running on LAMP. Backend will be closed source for safety, but frontend will be fully open sourced and it will be static HTML + Javascript/JQuery + CSS page.

SUPPORTABILITY:
Supported by all browsers. The website will use responsive web design.

PACKAGING:
Source code + documentation = Github (open source). Source Code will be excluding the PHP Backend that just stores the data and makes the transactions using Nodejs for security reasons. Node.js transaction maker javascript source code for Conflux Core and eSpace will be open source and in Github.

LEGAL / LICENSING:
Apache License 2.0

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP:

• Initialization of the project (Github, Documentation) : 4 hours
  • Development of the project (Backend, Frontend UI/UX): 21 hours
  • Release of the project (Setting up frontend server, domain, backend etc.) : 2 hours
  • Administration of the server for 5 years: 5 hours

SPECIFICATION OF THE SOFTWARE:

• HTML
  • Javascript, Jquery
  • PHP
  • Node.js
  • CSS, Bootstrap

Site will be static page with minimal dynamic functionality done by JS/Jquery for sending the faucet CFX to wallet via Backend. Captcha will be used to prevent bots.

MAINTENANCE CONSIDERATIONS:
I maintain the server and website for 5 years and the Github Repository along with it. It is possible to transfer the owner role of the Github repository to Conflux member in future if necessary.

5 Likes

Hello @nio! Thank you for your grant proposal. It seems like a very good idea, and I agree with the fact that this is almost a standard for low gas fee networks like Conflux in order to incentive the adoption and making it easier for users to use it. Your grant proposal seems quite complete and detailed. I would like to know some more detail on what the specific deliverables would be on each milestone of the development roadmap. For example, the documentation that will be included and what the maintenance activities are.
Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi @0xn1c0, Thanks for reviewing my proposal so quickly!
Question about Milestones
I think there could be only one milestone, because this is a small project. I would be delivering the final product and functioning faucets website including the release of source code and documentation in github repository including frontend and node.js transaction maker source codes. In 1-2 weeks time this should be ready.
Question about Documentation
Documentation will be complete and as this is a small project, it probably will not be that long, but it will be thorough none the less.
Question about Maintenance
I will allocate 1h per 12months for maintenance of the faucets website. Keeping the web server updated with the latest security updates will be the main focus there.

1 Like

Hi @nio, thanks for applying for a Conflux Network grant!

Your application seems complete, I just have a few questions:

1. What will the site look like? Is it a simple connect wallet interface and a “request” button?
  2. How will you authenticate the user for the faucet request API?
  3. How will you make sure that concurrent faucet requests are serialized? Otherwise there might be duplicate/missing nonce issues.
  4. Will there be any other “KYC” (like some Rinkeby faucets are requesting Twitter/Facebook posts) necessary in the future?
1 Like

Hey @thegaram, thanks for the questions.
What will the site look like? Is it a simple connect wallet interface and a “request” button?
Site will be simple, you will have two Request buttons - because there are two different networks, using website UI layout similar to https://pos.webomatic.fi site and that crossed with for.ex. Matic faucet website. The page layout will be simple, because the application is simple.
How will you authenticate the user for the faucet request API?
Site will use Metamask or Conflux Fluent to get the wallet addresses. There will be no other authentication on that regard.
How will you make sure that concurrent faucet requests are serialized? Otherwise there might be duplicate/missing nonce issues.
There will be a queue for the requests. Requests will not be directly launched from the website in that manner. Queue should help with the duplicate issues - only after successful request, the next request will be launched only.
Will there be any other “KYC” (like some Rinkeby faucets are requesting Twitter/Facebook posts) necessary in the future?
There will be no KYC. There will be sharing buttons for users to able to share the URL of faucet with others via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp.

1 Like

Thanks for your answers Nio. I approve this application. (fyi: 2 approvals are required, and we will follow up with you after that about the next steps.)

3 Likes

Hello @nio . Thanks for your proposal and for your answers. I approve this application too, so we can move forward with the next steps.

2 Likes

Thanks!
I’ll make the grant awardees post now I presume.

I like this proposal. Seems simple, straightforward and interesting. I approve this application.

2 Likes