This upgrade is mainly to solve the problems below:
- Extract the MPT database from the key-value database for snapshot storage. It avoids the MPT database copies in most cases. This change will reduce the disk space usage and improve the storage performance.
- Fix wrong gas estimation in RPCs after CIP-107.
- Fix a race condition in light node connections that may stop the node from syncing.
- Update the default parameters for SingleMpt storage to provide enough cache entries for execution.
Download “Conflux v2.3.1” here: https://github.com/Conflux-Chain/conflux-rust/releases/tag/v2.3.1
I am a node operator/miner, what do I need to do?
If you have a running node, you need to
- Suspend the running operation of the node
- Replace the executable file named “conflux” in the “run” directory of the original node program with the “conflux” executable file of the Conflux v2.3.1 node program.
- Restart the operation of the node
If you start a new node, you can download the latest version of Conflux v2.3.1 and run it.
What will happen if I do not upgrade the nodes?
We strongly suggest you upgrade to the latest version, otherwise, the transaction packaging process might be affected.
Thanks to our community for your support!
A sincere thank you to the Conflux community and all the developers in the Conflux ecosystem. Thank you for your hard work, thoughts, and contributions. To a better future!